Thursday, March 19, 2015

Everybody's gettin' campy

A fabric design I've been playing around with for a while. I love camping trips, even though I haven't ventured into the wild for ages except for in my imagination. Where I grew up in Virginia, a group of neighbors banded together every year for a camp-out on Loft Mountain, in Shenandoah National Park. Some of the most vivid memories not catalogued here are the feeling of being really dirty, fear of bear attacks, and the cold concrete of the park restrooms. Nowadays, I dream of camping out in a cool vintage trailer. Best of both worlds!



Kamp*out fever is catching


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love getting campy. This would make cutest ever bedspreads/pillows/cushion covers for a vintage trailor. xox

Christa said...

Darling items! I would do pillows, curtains, and a shower curtain!
I love the humor in your work

Stephanie K. Birdsong said...

Thanks, Corrine and Christa :-)

Donna Boucher said...

I adore this!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...